Thank you for being an ISGA Professional Member!
ISGA Professional Memberships enable sea and beach glass artisans to connect with other enthusiasts, promote genuine sea and beach glass, and support the International Sea Glass Association mission.
To complete the membership process, please enter your email address and click the “Pay Now” button to make your payment through PayPal. By making your payment, you agree to support the International Sea Glass Association Mission and abide by the ISGA Member Agreement.
Members will support the ISGA Mission and abide by the ISGA Member Agreement
- Educate the collector, consumer, and retailer as to the properties and benefits of genuine, pure, natural, unaltered sea and beach glass.
- Maintain the value of genuine sea and beach glass through education.
- Provide a forum and knowledge base for sea and beach glass enthusiasts to communicate with other individuals who share their passion for genuine sea and beach glass.
- Sponsor festivals that will benefit sea and beach glass collectors, retailers, and artisans.
- Support the work of protecting and restoring waterways and coastlines around the world, by mobilizing members, making donations, and educating the public.
- ISGA members agree that they will not create or sell imitation sea or beach glass.
ISGA Member Agreement
All International Sea Glass Association members agree not to create, buy, or sell imitation sea or beach glass in person or online, including at ISGA festivals, other shows and markets, nor in online shops and social media sites.
International Sea Glass Association members agree to leave sea and beach glass in its natural state. Sea and beach glass and regular glass will not be altered in any way to artificially replicate or change the shape, patina, size, or color of genuine sea or beach glass. Members will not use any techniques to alter the glass or its appearance, including:
- Acid etching
- Sand blasting
- Breaking or shaping the glass
- Mounting on a surface that changes the color of the glass
- Or any other means
Members agree to present sea and beach glass in its natural state and make it possible for a knowledgeable consumer to confirm that the glass is genuine. Members will not do the following to sea or beach glass:
- Add resin, glue, or other coating on top of the glass
- Add a patina to the surface behind the glass to alter the appearance of the glass
Alteration of the sea or beach glass is allowed when it is clear to someone purchasing the piece that the appearance of the glass has been altered. Members can do the following to sea or beach glass:
- Drill the glass
- Paint images on the surface of the glass
- Glue glass on top of a painting, if the original color of the glass is obvious.