Do you have something you’d like to share on the Sea Glass Association blog? We are looking for Professional Members as guest bloggers to appear from time to time on our blog. Our guidelines for submitting are outlined below.
What we Accept
- Author will need to be a current professional member of ISGA
- Sometimes we look for specific topics, but generally we are always interested in articles about the collection or history of sea and beach glass.
- We want original and unique content.
- Your submission is exclusive to ISGA, so we don’t allow reposting of the same article to your blog or another site, although we do encourage you to post a link to the guest article on your own blog.
Guest Post Format
- Your name or nickname will be introduced in the first line as “Guest Post by”.
- Article Text: Web readers have short attention spans. Roughly 500-1000 words.
- Author Byline – All articles need some information about you. We can link to your website or blog here, so don’t forget to include those URLs.
- Photos! We all love sea and beach glass photos, don’t we?
How do I submit my article?
- Send your article by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach article in Word format.
- Attach author photo and images with your article.
- ISGA blog moderators will send confirmation of every article submission, and we will send you a link if your blog is published.
- All content submissions are reviewed and approved by the current ISGA Board before publishing.
- When will the article be published? Generally, we like to post to our blog on Friday mornings.
- Do I get final say over how the article looks? All submissions may be edited.
- Can changes be made after the article is published? Sure, if there are minor edits, just let us know.
- You will need to read and answer readers’ comments. Having you, the guest author, answer comments add to credibility and better response.
- You should promote your post on social media sites.
- You should post a link to your guest article on your own blog or website to inform your readers about your article.