17th Annual Festival
The International Sea Glass Association is pleased to announce its return to New England by hosting the 17th Annual Festival July 29-30, 2023, on the Village Green of the Mystic Seaport Museum in Mystic, Connecticut.
A summer visit to the nation’s #1 maritime museum, talented artists and craftspeople, knowledgeable speakers, the sea glass contest, and an opportunity to connect with fellow sea glass enthusiasts will make for an unforgettable weekend. Admission to the Museum covers admission to the Festival, and a one-day ticket can be validated to enter a second day to enjoy the Museum and the Festival to its fullest.
Check out the museum here: www.mysticseaport.org
Check out Mystic here: www.mystic.org
Lectures • Exhibitors • Shard of the Year Contest
Shard of the Year Contest
The North American Sea Glass Association invites collectors to enter their favorite shards in the Shard of the Year Contest.
Our judges will award winners in the following categories:
• Overall Beauty (Best of Show)
• Frosted Bottles
• Bottle Stopper
• Most Unusual
• Art Glass
• Vendor Entry
• Shard entry cards will be sold at the show on Saturday and Sunday.
• 3 entries per card: $5 per card
• Indicate the body of water where the piece was found.
• Enter your pieces on Sunday before 1:00 pm.
• Each entry must be authentic, unaltered, and found in the body of water named on your entry card.
• You or someone in your immediate family must have found the item. No purchased items allowed.
• Announcement of winners will take place on Sunday afternoon.
Winners of the Shard Contest will take home cash prizes ($250 for Overall Beauty winner and $50 for winner in each category) and their pieces will be featured in Beachcombing Magazine.