The International Sea Glass Association (ISGA) offers professional memberships for a reasonable fee to enable sea and beach glass artisans to connect with sea and beach glass enthusiasts, to promote genuine sea and beach glass, and to support the International Sea Glass Association Mission. Only Professional Members can apply* to be vendors at the International Sea Glass Association Festival.
Annual Membership Dues $200 Apply for Professional Membership
BENEFITS OF PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
- The opportunity to promote your membership in ISGA and use the Member logo in your marketing materials, on your website, and in your online and offline shop
- ISGA Professional Member sticker
- ISGA embroidered canvas tote bag
- Banner ad, bio, and web link on our International Sea Glass Association Members page
- Promotion on ISGA Instagram and Facebook pages
- Opportunity to apply to participate in the International Sea Glass Association Festival*
- Invitation to members-only events and meetings
- Use of ISGA marketing materials, including Genuine vs. Artificial postcards, bookmarks, educational materials, and the Genuine versus Artificial information to use at festivals and in your shop.
*NOTE: Applying to ISGA does not automatically submit your application to be a vendor at the International Sea Glass Association Festival. All approved ISGA members must submit a festival application before acceptance into the festival. Only Professional Members can apply to be vendors at the ISGA Festival.
The International Sea Glass Association offers community memberships to enable sea and beach glass enthusiasts to engage with other collectors, artisans, and experts and to support the ISGA Mission.
Annual Membership Dues $50 Sign up for Community Membership
BENEFITS OF COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIP
- Invitation to members-only events
- Discounts/specials from select ISGA members
- ISGA Member sticker
- Gift bag at ISGA Festival
- Members-only Facebook group
- Genuine versus Artificial postcards
Since 2006, ISGA has been committed to supporting the sea and beach glass community through festivals, education, membership, and more. The primary goal of this not-for-profit organization is to educate collectors and creators on the characteristics and significance of genuine sea and beach glass. Members pledge to use and purchase only genuine, pure, unaltered sea and beach glass and to help sea and beach glass collectors, enthusiasts, and artisans understand the value of real sea and beach glass.
- Educate the collector, consumer and retailer as to the properties and benefits of genuine, pure, natural, unaltered sea and beach glass.
- Maintain the value of genuine sea and beach glass through education.
- Provide a forum and knowledge base for sea and beach glass enthusiasts to communicate with other individuals who share their passion for genuine sea and beach glass.
- Sponsor festivals that will benefit sea and beach glass collectors, retailers, and artisans.
- Support the work of protecting and restoring waterways and coastlines around the world, by mobilizing members, making donations and educating the public.
- ISGA members agree that they will not create or sell imitation sea or beach glass.
ISGA Member Agreement
All International Sea Glass Association members agree not to create, buy, or sell imitation sea or beach glass in person or online, including at ISGA festivals, other shows and markets, nor in online shops and social media sites.
International Sea Glass Association members agree to leave sea and beach glass in its natural state. Sea and beach glass and regular glass will not be altered in any way to artificially replicate or change the shape, patina, size, or color of genuine sea or beach glass. Members will not use any techniques to alter the glass or its appearance, including:
- Acid etching
- Sand blasting
- Breaking or shaping the glass
- Mounting on a surface that changes the color of the glass
- Or any other means
Members agree to present sea or beach glass in its natural state and make it possible for a knowledgeable consumer to confirm that the glass is genuine. Members will not do the following to sea and beach glass:
- Add resin, glue, or other coating on top of the glass
- Add a patina to the surface behind the glass to alter the appearance of the glass
Alteration of the sea or beach glass is allowed when it is clear to someone purchasing the piece that the appearance of the glass has been altered. Members can do the following to sea and beach glass:
- Drill the glass
- Paint images on the surface of the glass
- Glue glass on top of a painting, if the original color of the glass is obvious.
Professional or Community members in violation of the ISGA Mission or Member Agreement will have their membership revoked.