The International Sea Glass Association (formerly the North American Sea Glass Association – NASGA) offers professional memberships for a reasonable fee to enable sea glass artisans to connect with sea glass enthusiasts, to promote genuine sea glass, and to support the International Sea Glass Association mission. Only Professional Members can apply* to be vendors at the International Sea Glass Association Festival.
Annual Membership Dues $200 Apply for Professional Membership
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- The opportunity to promote your membership in ISGA and use the Member logo in your marketing materials, on your website, and in your online and offline shop
- Banner ad, bio, and web link on our International Sea Glass Association Members page
- Promotion on ISGA Instagram and Facebook pages
- Opportunity to participate in the International Sea Glass Association Festival*
- Invitation to members-only events and meetings at the International Sea Glass Association Festival
- Use of ISGA marketing materials, including postcards, bookmarks, educational materials, and the Genuine versus Artificial information to use at festivals and in your shop.
*NOTE: Applying to ISGA does not automatically submit your application to be a vendor at the International Sea Glass Association Festival. All approved ISGA members must submit a festival application before acceptance into the festival. Only Professional Members can apply to be vendors at the ISGA Festival.
The International Sea Glass Association offers community memberships to enable sea glass enthusiasts to engage with other collectors, artisans, and experts and to support the mission of the International Sea Glass Association.
Annual Membership Dues $50 Sign up for Community Membership
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Invitation to members-only events
- Discounts/specials from select ISGA members
- ISGA Founding Member sticker
- Gift bag at ISGA Festival
- Members-only Facebook group
- Genuine versus Artificial postcards
ISGA MEMBER AGREEMENT
All International Sea Glass Association members agree not to create or sell imitation sea glass in person or online, including at ISGA festivals, other shows and markets, nor in online shops and social media sites.
International Sea Glass Association members agree to leave sea glass in its natural state. Sea and beach glass and regular glass will not be altered in any way to artificially replicate or change the shape, patina, size, or color of genuine sea glass. Members will not use any techniques to alter the glass or its appearance, including:
- Acid etching
- Sand blasting
- Breaking or shaping the glass
- Mounting on a surface that changes the color of the glass
- Or any other means
Members agree to present sea or beach glass in its natural state and make it possible for a knowledgeable consumer to confirm that the glass is genuine. Members will not do the following to sea and beach glass:
- Add resin, glue, or other coating on top of the glass
- Add a patina to the metal surface behind the glass in a jewelry setting to alter the appearance of the glass
Alteration of the sea or beach glass is allowed when it is clear to someone purchasing the piece that the appearance of the glass has been altered. Members can do the following to sea and beach glass:
- Drill the glass
- Paint images on the surface of the glass
- Glue glass on top of a painting, if the original color of the glass is obvious.
Professional or Community members in violation of this agreement will have their membership revoked.